I have to write this while it is fresh in my mind. Earlier today I discovered that a group from the canoe club were going for a moonlight paddle in a voyageur canoe this evening. So, I decided to join them.
We met at the boathouse at 7:00 pm. 10 of us pulled the voyageur canoe from the boathouse down to the water front on its trailer. We had a few strange looks as we crossed the road in Fort Langley. It's about 2 C right now, and not many think, "What a great night to paddle!"
We paddled upstream into the moon, which was surrounded by an enormous ring. It was almost as though we were paddling right into the moon. We continued up to West Creek, just east of Fort Langley, then went up the creek - with our paddles!
We meandered up the creek for awhile before turning around and heading back to the Fraser, and downstream to the launch. I think we're were out there for almost two hours, and I didn't even feel the cold. I had layers of fleeces on, a toque and paddling gloves. My arms are a bit wet, as I dip a lot when I paddle, but that's it. It was an exhilerating experience, and I hope to do it again someday.
I'm not brave enough to take my camera out on the water, so you'll just have to imagine what it was like!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Keep up the good work.
Post a Comment